Indiana Security & Privacy Network (ISPN), formerly The Indiana HIPAA Workgroup
The Indiana Security & Privacy Network (ISPN) is a volunteer, not-for-profit organization with a healthcare industry base for organizations, individuals and other parties who are interested in security, privacy and data exchange best practices and how it affects their operations. The objective of the group is to support collaboration and the sharing of information and knowledge of these best practices and regulatory compliance issues that affect all Indiana industries.
To facilitate the sharing of security, privacy and data exchange best practices in health care and related industries.
- Coordinate and facilitate activities and meetings
- Develop mutual understanding of security, privacy and data exchange best practices and regulations
- Share information
- Keep members apprised of the latest information through the use of experts to lead discussion and present case studies
The Indiana Security & Privacy Network meets every quarter. Click here for a list of meetings and locations.
Board of Directors
|Chair||Patrick Sullivan, JBW Group International, Inc.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Vice Chair||Wendy Mangin, Good Samaritan Hospitalemail@example.com|
|Past Chair||Joan Antokol, Park Legal, LLC||Joan.Antokol@parkintl.com|
|Secretary||Dan Kelsey, Indiana State Medical Associationfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Treasurer||Mark Swearingen, Hall, Renderemail@example.com|
|Security Subcommittee Chair||Mark Clausman, Sterlyn Groupfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Privacy Subcommittee Chair||Joan Antokol, Park Legal, LLC||Joan.Antokol@parkintl.com|
|Communications||Susan May, American Health Network, Inc.||email@example.com|
Roles and Responsibilities
Board of Directors
- Provide leadership and direction to Workgroup
- Coordination of Workgroup meeting
- Maintain Workgroup minutes
- Disseminate information to sub-committee chairs
- Identify global topics of interest and presenters
- Maintain master issues log
- Determine sub-committee agenda
- Maintain membership
- Schedule sub-committee meetings
- Disseminate information to membership
- Report findings and progress at Network Events
- Report monthly status to oversight committee
- Coordination with outside organizations
The Membership subcommittee is responsible for overseeing member enrollment and collecting and recording dues payments.
The Oversight committee coordinates the overall activities of the group and plans quarterly meetings.
The Privacy subcommittee is responsible for identifying and sharing best practices in the implementation of privacy regulations.
The Security subcommittee is responsible for identifying and sharing best practices in the implementation of security regulations.
Strategic Indiana Implementation Process
To collect and communicate information regarding regional efforts toward industry-wide HIPAA compliance.
Transaction and Code Sets
The Transaction and Code Sets subcommittee is responsible for identifying and sharing best practices in the implementation of transaction and code set regulations.
The Communications subcommittee coordinates the Indiana HIPAA Workgroup website, external communications with the media and educational programs for Workgroup members.